The Latest Library News
Golden Shovel Poetry Contest!
Calling all Wordsmiths, Poets, and Challenge Seekers!
The J.T. Moore Library is holding a poetry contest to celebrate Black History Month and spread creative writing love. Inspired by Nikki Grimes’ new book, One Last Word, we are asking for Golden Shovel poems based on poems written by African American poets.
Haven’t heard of Golden Shovel poetry? Click the document below for directions.
For the contest, we have curated a variety of poems that can be used as the starting point for your Golden Shovel poem. Click the document below for copies of these poems.
Poetry is due to Mrs. Bridges or Mrs. Dark by Friday, March 3.
The top three poets will receive an exciting prize and have their work recognized and shared!
OUR MISSION is to support the development of lifelong learners and meet the information needs of all patrons by
- Providing a welcoming place where students and faculty will find up-to-date, quality resources that support the academic curriculum
- Engaging in ongoing collaboration with classroom teachers
- Teaching information literacy skills using both print and non-print resources
- Encouraging the love of reading for enjoyment
- Providing enrichment opportunities through special programming