The Latest Library News
Happy Holidays JT Moore Family! I have just a couple of items on my wish list that I would like to put out into the community-verse:
Happy Holidays JT Moore Family!I have just a couple of items on my wish list that I would like to put out into the community-verse:
- If you and your students have finished reading Harbor Me and would like to donate it to Dr. Allen's new school, Haynes Middle, please bring those to me this week! We are hopping to have enough donated back so they can have an all-school read as well. Haynes only has about 250-300 students so this is super possible!
- Please make sure your student is reading over break! We have spent the entire week looking at book recommendations during advisory and I have a list of books just below to help with selection. There are so many good stories out there!
- Finally, I wonder if we could all ask each other what made us feel hopeful, empowered, smart, or just plain good this semester. Sometimes holding up the better moments of our lives in school and in work, helps us feel a little more grounded in a hope-filled future. We are stories too.
Project Lit Book Club has Begun! There is still room for you to join! Please see Ms. Dark or Ms. Bernstein for a copy of our next book, I am Alfonso Jones. Next meeting is Thursday, January 31st, at 8 am in Ms. Bernstein's classroom.
Stories Change Us.
OUR MISSION is to support the development of lifelong learners and meet the information needs of all patrons by
- Providing a welcoming place where students and faculty will find up-to-date, quality resources that support the academic curriculum
- Engaging in ongoing collaboration with classroom teachers
- Teaching information literacy skills using both print and non-print resources
- Encouraging the love of reading for enjoyment
- Providing enrichment opportunities through special programming